- Dyslexia: At first I was drawn to this topic due to my own experience of dyslexia. Now however, having spent a couple of years studying and researching the disorder I hope to investigate dyslexia further, especially it’s effects in adulthood.
- Computer programming: I am relatively new to coding, I am currently developing my programming skills in R, VB.net, HTML, and Python.
- Student Mentoring: I have extensive experience in student mentoring both as a paid public speaking mentor for Bangor University’s POPPS program, private tuition and as a Leaps into Literacy Volunteer.
- Dogs: I have two whippets, Benny and Tilda!
- Cooking: I like to cook all sorts of food! Everything from Roast Dinners to Sushi.
- Reading: Despite a painfully slow reading speed (thanks dyslexia!) I love reading, especially Science Fiction and Fantasy.
- Travelling: Since starting university I have not traveled much due to work/internships or study. Places of interest include the Scandinavian region, East Asia, and the America’s especially Canada.
- Dungeons and Dragons: During lockdown a group of friends, Adam and I got together to play D&D online. We play regularly and it’s great fun! Definitely a new hobby.